Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Will Study for Food

Or, how about not?

Although the prompt was to research a scholarship to a college or university, I'd prefer to explain why I'd rather spend my time preparing for my career by gaining experience, and money, working.

Currently, I am a cook, but I'm looking for another job closer to my career field, firefighting. This Santa Maria Fire Department is hiring at the Airport, me and my friend will be applying. This will give me experience in the field and what to expect in the future. I've been trying to find a job like this for a while but no departments in the area had explorer programs. It's my hope to use this experience to get me a job further down the road, not necessarily at an Airport, but hopefully in a big city. 

I understand the importance of education, however, I feel it's in my best interest to pursue a career rather than sit in a classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment