Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Netvibes, why Bother?

I started up Netvibes. I only did it because I had to. I was instantly greeted with a million "opportunities" to link my various accounts together for my benefit. Instantly I was reminded of all the time spent logging into things and making sure things were set up properly on separate products in the past, but here it was all at once once again.

I chose to have it not geared toward a certain demographic and just chose 'all', but of course, it gave me a myriad of sources I had never heard of or didn't ever want to use. Couldn't you had just asked me what services I used and then put them on there later? And why am I getting weather for Paris, France?

I use iGoogle, the thing that was supposed to die this year but just won't. It's great. I have a nice wallpaper, my chosen sources like Twitter, CNN, YouTube, my city's weather, my calendar, and a quote of the day for good measure. I don't care about fancy features, how many companies use your software or signing in to your "service". I just want to put some information in one spot for me to look at once I start Chrome.

yes, I look at everything once. I don't leave my homepage open, I close it. It's there and then it's gone. It's not important to me and it won't be. I use Blink Feed on my phone way more often. I'll use Netvibes for a bit longer, but I won't be happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment