Thursday, March 13, 2014

I, Entrepreneur

Contrary to some other popular words I could use to describe Hitler, I do believe he could be described as an entrepreneur. He decided that he was going to do some thing that few had tried to do before. Maybe it was wrong, a "crime against humanity" but that's a discussion for another time. My point is, he did something that few had tried before, and he wanted to do it bigger and better than ever thought possible. People may do things for the wrong reasons, but no one would remember a mediocre dictator bent on world domination.

My plans aren't anything as big, nor what I would consider myself an entrepreneur. I do plan on being the best I can be, but not at anything new. There's no limitations on ability, but it isn't my intention to specialize on a new field. Firefighting isn't exactly a "forward thinking business". There's no desire to innovate or create new things, its a profession based on personal values and public service.

And just because you're an expert, you aren't an entrepreneur. Some people just like being a cog in the machine, and they may be the best cog in the world. Ambition is not measured in new ideas, its measured by how hard you work in everything you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment