Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Masterpiece Interview

I found a wild Shane Cheverez and asked him some questions...


...they can be found here...


What are you working on?
   -I am learning to play the guitar.

Why?
   -Music, particularly guitar, is my true passion. I have listened excessively for years; now it is finally time to start playing myself.

What is the significance of this project in your life/career?
   -I am developing a skill that will continue to endow me with enjoyment for the rest of my life. These beginning stages are tough, but nothing worthwhile comes easily.

How do you see this work helping you in life outside of school?
   -This question doesn't pertain to my topic - all of my project's direct benefits are independent of school.

Has anything surprised you in your work?
   -The sheer difficulty of guitar did catch me off guard. I've always had an enormous amount of respect for the instrument, but it is impossible to understand how hard it really is until one has tried for him/herself.

What do you need to successfully complete your project and present it?
   -Honestly, I need more time to get where I want to be, and there is no substitute. Seeing as I can't add any more days to the month of May, however, I need to just keep practicing without being dismayed by my time constraints. Getting good takes a lot of hard work, and it doesn't happen over night. Even with an impending deadline, that is a simple fact that must be accepted.

What have you learned that's worth teaching someone else?
   -The same thing Dr. Preston has been telling us all year: nothing is out of bounds. Doing what you actually want to do isn't too good to be true, even though it may seem that way. Have a little faith in yourself, and make the jump while you can. b0ss

No comments:

Post a Comment