Monday, January 13, 2014

Vocabulary #1 Performance Review

I got 4 out of ten, which, is 40% of the quiz correct. An F. I received an F based on my knowledge of the vocabulary, and my ability to recall information previously learned. I studied the vocabulary, but memorization of words is not my strong suit. I know words because I hear them and then I use them. I have no reason to use these words. I'm not expanding my vocabulary if I don't use the words. I don't use the words because we invented shorter, more often used words. As much as I'd like to gain more experience with them, I have nothing to go off of.

In the end, it doesn't matter how useful the words are, how big they are, how little we understand them, or what we want to get out of them, it only matters that we can memorize them and define them in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment