Saturday, January 18, 2014

Life After...

High school. More or less a; "What do you want to be when you grow up?" kind of question. Where here, we get to say just about whatever, not just our career ideas. But to me, you think that far, and you start setting expectations. To me, I'd rather work it out as it comes to me. To me, it makes more sense, to others, it sends their life into a tailspin to ignore the distant future. While I could make up some pathetic story of how I expect things to be in some distant time, I'll just get it done in due time.

"But Dale, that's not creative nor interesting at all!" Exactly. Try setting your expectations a little lower, and you'll be amazed by your accomplishments, too. It's hard for some and natural for others. It calms me down some and let's me focus on what's happening right in front of me. I'm as happy as I want to be at this very moment, and that's satisfying to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment