Sunday, April 6, 2014

Look at my Brain

The title already has me sort off miffed. On one hand, people like to investigate, to know, they sometimes go too far, obsess over what they don't have, in an effort to feel like they're part of a crowd. [See how I'm already off topic?] I'm not a fan of show-boating, boasting, or displaying my achievements or successes in life. I do like sharing my interests in hopes that others can better understand me or have conversation with, but I don't like involving most people, it's easier to just keep it simple and not raise too many questions. I'm deciding to just talk a bit about what I have, in hopes that it mainly clarifies things to me or helps me flush out thoughts.

I'm thinking mainly about presentation now. How can I convene a construct of the mind? I think I want to use the audience to my advantage, to utilize them to teach others about how they themselves think. It sounds simple really, but it has to be easily understandable but also raise more questions than it answers. If I simply had all the answers, why would anyone look themselves? It should be a personal attachment, your feelings and ideas, but ones that can be changed or improved. I'm thinking of using power-points or even, dare I say, a poster to illustrate my points. I don't want to spoil anything, it's sort of better as a surprise, but I like the idea of writing down some words from anti-famous people, asking students to write some down in class during presentation, and comparing them. Or, a power-point on what we think we know, and the truth, about what goes on in the world, what we don't understand.

I'll need more I feel, but these are a start. I'm always thinking of new ways to show people just how wrong they are, and then educate them, of course. I think we can all come away a little more inquisitive if we all go in with an open mind and leave with a confused one.

No comments:

Post a Comment